The Outdoor Science School Naturalist assumes responsibility for a trail group and teaching science content ranging from 5th-8th grade during scheduled class times, assists in regular program duties, including team-building and adventure activities, and leads extended activities in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Model a genuine Christian lifestyle, encouraging and nurturing expansion of campers’ outdoor science knowledge as well as spiritual growth.
- Engage and participate in staff development and one-to-one meetings with the commitment to being engaged in the MHA OSS community.
- Read, understand, and experientially teach the curricula for all grade levels taught.
- Lead and teach/supervise night activities, orientation meetings, and host student meal times.
- Observe student behavior, respond to health and safety concerns, and deal appropriately with improper/inappropriate behavior to adapt to students with special needs.
- Recognize hazard in the outdoor setting and respond appropriately to those hazards.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Seasonal Part-Time 0-35 Hours Weekly
Support the Accommodations Department in their goal to provide clean, tidy, and well-maintained accommodations for our guests in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Perform daily, routine cleaning of housing units and complete the daily room service forms; put supplies away at end of shift.
- Keep office and supplies tidy.
- Report all custodial/maintenance issues to Accommodations Manager.
- Label all lost and found items and bring them to the Lost and Found desk in the housekeeping office.
- Be courteous and helpful when interacting with our guests.
- Help other teams complete rooms to ensure that all locations will be ready by check in time.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.